Recently, this is a go-to. Along with it being full of fiber, vitamin A, vitamin B6, vitamin C, and vitamin K, it’s delicious and hits the spot every time! You’ve got fruits, vegetables, and healthy fats to balance the whole salad.
**Makes one serving**
- Yam (1 small)
- Granny Smith apple (1 medium)
- Cinnamon (approximately 2 tsp)
- Spinach (2 cups)
- Balsamic salad dressing (1.5 Tbsp)
- Balsamic vinegar (0.5 Tbsp)
- Sliced almonds (approximately 2 Tbsp)
- Heat yam in the microwave (2.5 minutes on one side, flip and heat another 2.5 minutes). Once it’s finished heating, remove from microwave and set aside to let it cool.
- Dice the apple and put into a large bowl.
- Sprinkle apple with 1 tsp cinnamon.
- Dice the yam and put it into the same bowl as the apples. Sprinkle with another 1 tsp cinnamon.
- Chop spinach and put it into the same bowl as the apple and yam.
- Sprinkle salad with almonds, balsamic salad dressing, and balsamic vinegar. Sometimes I also add a bit more cinnamon to make the salad a little sweeter.
- Mix and enjoy!
This salad a great quick meal and is perfect for a busy one to make the night before and take to school or work. Let me know what you think! xoxo