I know what you’re all thinking. Vegetable salad? YUCK!
Don’t you worry, I had the same concern at the beginning. I was looking for a way to get a lot of my daily vegetables in one meal. I was looking for something easy, tasty, and painless to take on-the-go.
After posting this image once on Snapchat I had quite a few people ask me for the recipe, so I thought this would be the perfect recipe to share with all of you! Follow this recipe and let me know what you think! I’d love to hear your feedback.
**Makes 1 serving**
- Garbanzo beans (canned, 1/3 cup)
- Red bell pepper (1/4 whole)
- Cucumber (1/3 whole)
- Spinach (2 cups)
- Kalamata olives (5 whole, pitted)
- Feta cheese (approximately 1/4 cup)
- Carrots (shredded, approximately 1/3 cup)
- Lemon juice (approximately 1 teaspoon)
- Greek salad dressing (approximately 2 tablespoons)
- Lemon pepper (1/2 teaspoon)
- Hummus (My favorite is Hope’s Spicy Avocado Hummus from Costco)
- Pour garbanzo beans into a large bowl and sprinkle garbanzo beans with lemon pepper. Mix around with a spoon.
- In that same bowl, toss in shredded carrots.
- Chop up the bell pepper, cucumber, spinach, and olives (I like mine chopped pretty small in order to get a little bit of everything in each bite). Add all to the bowl of garbanzo beans.
- Add feta cheese.
- Lastly, add the lemon juice and greek salad dressing.
- Stir and enjoy cold!