To enter the giveaway I am hosting this weekend, each participant needs to post a picture accepting at least one of the self-love challenges and use the tag #buildyourbeautiful somewhere in their caption.
The easiest way for you to accept all (or at least one) of the challenges is to see them here on my page. This self-love challenge is for the first two weeks of February, but feel free to challenge yourself year round! Self-love doesn’t end after Valentine’s Day. Here are the challenges I came up with:
- Look yourself in the mirror and name three things you love about yourself. These can be anything physical, mental, or spiritual!
- POSITIVE VIBES ONLY! Only speak positive things about yourself today.
- Take 5 minutes (minimum) to meditate or be mindful today. My favorite way to do this is using an app called “Smiling Mind”. It’s FREE and there are guided meditations of all different lengths for all different age groups and circumstances available!
- Exercise in a way you ENJOY! This could be taking a long walk, going to a gym class, or doing a favorite workout video. You pick! Appreciate the ways your body can move and bend!
- Smile at a stranger. Too often we underestimate the power of a smile. One smile may not change the world, but it may change one person’s world. Start small!
- Wear something that makes you feel incredible! Dress for yourself today (or tomorrow). Be beautiful for you!
- Write a thank you and deliver it. This can be a handwritten card, an email, or a text message (but handwritten cards are my favorite). I swear the phrase “thank you” is magical. Those two words change moods, open doors, and warm a heart.
- Make or buy your favorite meal or snack today! I’ll be filling up on dark chocolate coconut almonds from Costco (heaven in your mouth) and my favorite salad recipes I’ve posted here on my blog.
- Write down a minimum of 5 things you are thankful for. See how many you can think of! I tried this a few weeks ago and I ended up writing for a half hour nonstop. You’ll be surprised how quickly the items you’re thankful for start coming at you… it’s almost overwhelming!
- Do something nice for yourself today. Take a bath, buy flowers, read a chapter of a book, paint your nails… whatever it is make sure you enjoy yourself!
- Contact someone that helps you feel like the best version of yourself. Invite them to lunch, tell them your favorite memory together, or call to simply catch up. Surround yourself with inspiring beings!
- Turn OFF your cell phone for an entire day (or as close to that as possible) this week. “Live in the moment and be present in all that you do. Don’t worry yourself with what happened yesterday or what’s going to happen tomorrow. Stay focused with what’s in front of you.” -Michael Trevino
- Say YES and try something new today! Whether it’s a new lip color, a new recipe, a new exercise, or a new way to talk to someone.
- Give yourself permission to love yourself as you are now. No matter your shape, size, or color. YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL! #buildyourbeautiful
Photography: Heather Kay Photography
Floral design: The Golden Petal
HMUA: Julia Price
Studio: The Charcoal Loft
Dress: Natalie Wynn Design