It’s fall and my inner diva is calling for everything and anything pumpkin. I try to eat healthy as often as possible, and I thought pumpkin would be a fun change to a crowd favorite– smoothie bowls! I prefer my breakfast to be a little more mellow and not very sweet, so if this bowl isn’t flavorful enough for your preferences go ahead and add a little extra honey or agave to the smoothie. This bowl is a great way to get fruits, veggies, healthy fat, and protein into the most important meal of the day… breakfast!
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/2 scoop of vanilla protein powder (my favorite is Vega Organic Protein and Greens)
- 1/2 can of canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling, just pumpkin)
- 3/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (give or take a little, depending on how thick you like your smoothies. I always buy mine in bulk from Costco, but you can purchase this at any grocery store)
- A pinch of pumpkin pie spice
- All the toppings you want! Pictured are slivered almonds, unsweetened shredded coconut, and Nature’s Path Pumpkin Seed + Flax Granola. Some other favorites are honey or agave, sliced pecans, almond butter, and chia seeds.
- Blend together banana, protein powder, pumpkin, almond milk, and pumpkin pie spice until desired smoothness and thickness are achieved. (Keep in mind the amount of almond milk poured plays a key role in this factor.)
- Pour into bowl.
- Top with slivered almonds, coconut, and granola (or whichever toppings you desire) and ENJOY!
Did you try this recipe? Drop a comment below and let me know what your thoughts are! XO